SkyMedia consortium has presented the publication “Skymedia – Uav-Based Capturing of HD/3D Content with WSN Augmentation for Immersive Media Experiences” showing the novel multimedia end-to-end architecture that can provide unique immersive media experiences to audience during live events in the 2011 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME2011) held in Barcelona, Spain from July 11 to 15, 2011.
The presentation has been accepted in the Workshop on Hot Topics in Multimedia Delivery (HotMD 2011) in the track of Multimedia-Aware Networking.
ICME is considered one of the most important conference in the field of multimedia sponsored by four IEEE societies since 2000. It serves as a forum to promote the exchange of the latest advances in multimedia technologies, systems, and applications from both the research and development perspectives of the circuits and systems, communications, computer, and signal processing communities.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
SkyMedia project activities were presented at the PROTEC 2011 event in Turin on June 30, 2011, within a conference session on light UAVs as enabling technologies for public protection and security.
The SkyMedia presentation focused on how the enabling technologies deployed within the SkyMedia project in the entertainment field can be used to deliver public protection and security applications as well. In particular, they allow to:
- Perform low cost aerial captures, silently and safely;
- monitor the most critical terrain areas through the use of sensor networks, using the UAV as a relay;
- collect and process in a centralized manner all multimedia data collected on field;
- interact with citizens directly on their mobile phones, enabling prompt alerts and signaling of important events;
- interact with citizens using simple touchscreen interfaces deployed in strategically placed points of presence.
|The Nimbus Metaplano|